– 2 cups drained well-cooked or canned chickpeas, liquid reserved
– 1/2 cup tahini (sesame paste)
– 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus oil for drizzling
– 3 cloves garlic, peeled, or to taste
– salt to taste
– juice of 1 lemon, plus more as needed
Put everything in a food processor and begin to process.
Add the chickpea liquid or water as needed to allow the machine to produce a smooth puree.
Taste and adjust the seasoning (I often find I like to add much more lemon juice).
Serve, drizzled with the olive oil and sprinkled with a bit of paprika and some parsley, if you wish.